6 Compelling Business Benefits Of DevOpsCigniti
How can an organization become more profitable and productive using DevOps?
Brett Hofer, in one of his posts ‘The Art of DevOps: An Introduction to Landscape’, approaches the Art of DevOps as a battlefront: “What are we fighting for here?” he asks. “Ultimately, we’re fighting for the absolute best services and features that we can deliver to our customers as quickly as we possibly can, and to eliminate the “War Room” scenario we are all so familiar with.”
The above pithy statement pretty much sums up the most compelling business benefits & value of DevOps:
- Ensure faster time-to-market/delivery times that improves ROI. DevOps is basically the application of Agile principles, and thus the end result is faster development of software, ensuring more frequent delivery.
- Improve collaboration between teams (Business / Dev / Ops) – aptly labelled the ‘War Room’– by improving the transparency required for effective decision making. Today, more than ever before, development teams need to break down their inter-departmental silos, and collaborate and communicate in a dynamic, round the clock environment. DevOps paves the way to improve business agility by providing the much need atmosphere of mutual collaboration, communication, and integration across globally collocated teams in an IT organization. The earlier set boundaries based on roles are getting blurred in such an encouraging DevOps atmosphere. All team members, together, are responsible for the quality and timelines of deliverables
- Stable/reliable operating environments.
- Early detection and faster correction of defects that helps provide the best services and robust features that must be delivered to customers
- Continuous Release and Deployment, Continuous Testing, and Continuous Monitoring – Today’s software development practices require teams to continuously deliver quality software, reduced go-to-market timelines, and adaptation of shorter release cycles. DevOps, using its practices of Continuous Release and Deployment, Continuous Testing, and Continuous Monitoring, provides just that.
- Time to focus – thus improving quality
DevOps may be essentially disruptive, but it is here to stay because it is a very practical and valuable asset for today’s organizations and they are realizing a wide range of real, measurable benefits as a result of its implementation.
While testing is often ignored when it comes to DevOps – it may actually prove to be a major blow to your dream of achieving true success. Cigniti technologiess helps you realize the gains that DevOps can bring with a proper automated testing framework in place. Integrating automated testing with your DevOps is the best thing to do if you want to save on time and money, while increasing quality and time to market. To know more about Integrating Automation testing into Devops visit Cigniti’s Services page.