If the Regression Testing outcome does not play out as originally planned it can be disruptive to the production environment.
Users demand rapid changes to applications as their needs are more dynamic than ever. Development teams have to deliver on these changes minus any disruptions to the existing production environments. Cigniti’s systematic approach to Regression Testing ensures minimum disruption while keeping costs under control.
Our Regression Testing suite guarantees that the new features or enhancements to the application do not cause any unintended impact to the existing quality of the applications. Our test teams thoroughly understand and perform impact analysis of the changes that are made to the test environment and the application(s). Changes to the test environment can happen in the form of alterations in the deployment configurations, database updates and operating system updates to name a few. Changes to the application can happen in the form of bug fixes, new functionality, functionality enhancements, integrations, patches, interfaces etc.
Our regression testing solutions ensure outcomes of these enhancements play out only as originally planned.
Cigniti uses a systematic and well defined regression test approach to perform effective regression testing. Our approach includes:
- Detailed traceability matrix: Outlines of the requirements vs. test cases
- Dependency analysis: Performed between test cases and requirements
- Change reports: Issues between the current release and previous release
- Release specific regression test pack
- Risk based analysis: Pareto analysis, FMEA, Output from code coverage report etc.
- Continuous pruning: Regression tests packs are continuously pruned by removing the test cases that are no longer needed & add additional ones.