Why Test Automation
Due to constant changes in applications and environment, enterprises are spending too much effort and costs on regression testing. Test automation helps accelerate regression test efforts in a cost effective manner. Test automation allows 24x7 unattended execution.
Test Automation requires
- Tool Knowledge, skills and flexible practices.
- Time spent on creating a test automation framework and methodology.
- Building a scalable and maintainable regression test suite.
- Integrating test automation efforts into overall development lifecycle.
Cigniti's test automation framework (CTAF) is a tool agnostic testing solution for validating complex business processes. CTAF uses a keyword driven approach to help non-technical users validate business processes. CTAF has delivered 30% improvement in productivity and 40% reduction in test maintenance efforts in numerous test automation engagements. CTAF also seamlessly integrates with all the leading commercial and open source test tools. CTAF has delivered regression suites that run into thousands of test automation scripts that were executed overnight in an unattended fashion.
Key features of this framework are:
- Large repository of keywords for a common, scalable knowledge base that promotes reuse of functional libraries.
- Smart tagging of test cases to allow selection for execution based on "release objectives"
- Dashboard providing visibility into project status, test execution results & analysis.
- Supports "continuous integration testing" and seamlessly works with leading CMS systems.
- Single point maintenance methodology ensures maintainable test scripts.
- Allows non-technical users to execute scripts with limited handholding.
CTAF enables clients to run a complete regression test for minute changes and builds confidence in the quality of the software.