LEVERAGE CIGNITI’S ADVISORY &
Expert Advice to give you Competitive Advantage, improve your ROI, &
let you embark on a true QA Transformational Journey
TEST ADVISORY & TRANSFORMATION SERVICES
Cigniti’s Advisory and Transformation Services help organizations understand and improve all QA focus areas – people, tools, and infrastructure across the delivery lifecycle. The Advisory Services help clients understand their QA maturity and identify gaps in their processes & practices. Cigniti’s Transformation Services help our clients embark on their QA transformation journey by implementing a very effective, efficient and metrics driven QA practice. Advisory Services aim at delivering value-added engagements and ensuring high performance of your software.
As part of our Advisory Services, we provide an implementation roadmap to help our clients improve time-to-market and cost of quality while keeping their organizational and business goals in mind. We use our proprietary Assessment Frameworks, based on industry best practices and standards, to assess clients’ testing maturity focusing on People, Processes, Tools, and Infrastructure. As part of our Transformation Services, we implement the roadmap designed during the advisory phase through enhanced process architecture and integrated tools, improved skill competency, metrics framework, and robust governance. We take a strategic approach to implementing these initiatives by aligning them to our clients’ long term business objectives and investments in order to provide sustained benefits and outcomes. An Implementation of ATS helps provide outcomes such as:
- Better IT & business alignment
- Improved agility & Test Coverage
- Optimized resource and tools utilization
- Committed ROI based on cost-benefit analysis
- Reduced cost of Quality & Shorter time-to-market
- Agile & DevOps transformations to support the changing needs of your business, with focus on excellent delivery and business-IT collaboration
CIGNITI’S ADVISORY AND TRANSFORMATION SERVICES PORTFOLIO
Cigniti’s ATS portfolio can be grouped into two major service lines – Advisory and Transformation.
Advisory Services include:
- Agile DevOps Advisory
- Test Capability Advisory
- Test Benchmark Advisory
- Test Automation Advisory
- Test Tools and Infrastructure Advisory
The Transformation Services include:
- Practice CoE
- Agile and DevOps Organization
- Test Transformation Office
With the client’s organizational and business goals in mind, Cigniti’s consultants take a comprehensive view of the existing processes & practices to identify the pain-points, gaps & the associated risks. The findings from this phase help the consultants design an implementation roadmap to help organizations improve their business value based on a number of parameters like improved agility, reduced time-to-market, optimized resource utilization & reduced cost of quality. The key takeaways of an Advisory engagement include – Assessment report & recommendations; and a detailed implementation roadmap on how to achieve the target maturity and testing capability. There are 5 key service offerings under the Advisory services:
- Agile and DevOps Advisory services are focused on helping clients identify key areas of improvement to align their Agile / DevOps processes to industry best practices by providing recommendations and roadmap to establish a high maturity Agile DevOps Organization.
- Test Capability Advisory services help in assessing an organization’s QA function for inefficiencies and risks across People, Processes and Tools dimensions. It helps the clients to identify the key areas of improvement by using Cigniti’s proprietary assessment framework CLASS® – Capability, Agility, Scalability & Sustainability.
- Test Benchmark Advisory services help clients assess their test processes and practices using industry benchmark data and model(s) like TMMI/TPI. Cigniti’s proprietary benchmarking framework, BeST®, helps ascertain a client’s current testing maturity level and provides a roadmap to transform to a higher level of maturity.
- Test Automation Advisory services support clients in understanding the need of automation, assessing their test automation capabilities and the maturity of existing automation frameworks. It provides support to clients by conducting automation readiness & feasibility analysis, automation tool assessment and building a pragmatic roadmap to improve overall automation maturity with better ROI.
- Test Tools Advisory service is a specialized offering to help organizations assess existing QA tools landscape, identify right tool/s and provide the strategy for rationalizing the investments and generating better ROI by optimizing tool utilization.
ADVISORY SERVICES METHODOLOGY
Cigniti uses a robust methodology to provide the advisory services. Every advisory service is delivered using an integration of key service elements – sponsor’s vision and objectives, focus areas of assessment, tools and techniques, sampling criteria, and reporting of the results.
- Cigniti’s ATS Consultants conduct the assessment using the proprietary assessment framework: Capabilities, Agility, Scalability and Sustainability (CLASS©) of the organization across people, processes, and tools which is built on industry best practices and models like TMMI, TPI, CMMI, TDD, BDD, Agile, and DevOps.
- The Assessment framework is customized to align with our client’s objectives and requirements. The assessment is a combination of sampling criteria, discovery workshops, artefacts study, survey questionnaires, closed room interviews, defect dump analysis and reporting. This is based on fact-finding principles.
- Assessment coverage – the breadth and depth of assessment is designed at the start of the organization involving Sponsor’s / Leadership teams
- Assessment report includes SWOT analysis, findings of gaps/risks, challenges and the detailed recommendations, and roadmap with a prioritized set of initiatives. Also, a target operating model (TOM) is designed for the future state of the organization. The TOM encompasses key elements such as governance, process, and methodology along with test environments and test data management.
Transformation Services help our clients achieve competitive advantage by supporting their transformation journey. As part of the Transformation Services, Cigniti’s consultants strategically implement the roadmap designed during the advisory phase by aligning them to our clients’ business objectives and investments, in order to provide sustained benefits & improved ROI. We use our proprietary framework and tools & industry best practices to implement improvement initiatives which complement the clients’ in-house processes, in order to ensure the best possible outcomes, like enhanced processes, effective Target Operating model, integrated tool set, improved skills competency, comprehensive metrics framework, and a robust governance. A typical transformation engagement spans anywhere between 6 – 18 months based on the scope / readiness of the organization. There are 3 key service offerings under the Transformation services:
Practice CoE: Cigniti’s Advisory & Transformation Services team offers a specialized service to help organizations set up a Practice CoE. A Practice CoE is a hybrid model which combines the principles of TCoE & Agile DevOps organization. It is built on the best practices and frameworks like Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) & LEAN and ensures that Testing is an integrated part of the delivery chain.
Agile DevOps Organization: Agile DevOps Organization helps organizations move from their existing setup to a high-maturity Agile DevOps Organization. It helps organizations decrease IT operational costs while improving software quality and speeding up time to market. Cigniti’s ATS consultants help in setting up multiple tracks like Governance, Process, Metrics framework, Collaboration, DevOps tools-chain automation & trainings to improve the agility & accelerate the deployments.
Test Transformation Office: A Test Transformation Office (TTO) is a light-weight, low risk, and centralized initiative [similar to a PMO] which establishes and governs an enterprise-wide QA strategy. This also acts a launch pad for driving the test improvements across different teams, lines of business, and vendor services. The TTO ensures that the projects within its scope are delivered against agreed business criteria, and embed good test management processes.
TRANSFORMATION SERVICES METHODOLOGY
The transformation engagement is delivered in a phase-wise manner for better process tracking:
- Design and Define Phase: “Design & Define” is the first phase of the organization’s transformation journey. In this phase, the ATS consultants help to implement the TOM designed during advisory phase. Based on the discussion with the client teams, they define the process flows & design the process kits (comprising of guidelines, checklists & templates). Trainings are also provided to the teams.
- Measure Phase: Once the Target operating model is established & new processes are stabilized for a sample set of projects, the lessons learnt are gathered. Based on the same, the processes are tweaked & expanded to cover the entire QA organization. During the implementation of the new processes, all key metrics are identified & captured. These metrics are helpful in understanding the trends & can support with the predictive analysis.
- Continuous Improvement Phase: In this phase, the ATS consultants focus on planning & implementing initiatives to improve the QA processes. The work with the customer to ensure process optimization and operational excellence.
After every phase, there is a quality/stage gate to compare the actual results with the expected outcomes.
VALUE PROPOSITION OF CIGNITI’S ADVISORY AND TRANSFORMATION SERVICES
- Cigniti ATS aims to deliver on 5 major proponents of any successful QA Transformation, which are Good Team, Broad Experience, Great Methodologies, Existing Process Assets, and Transformational IP Assets
- Cigniti test consultants are certified in TMMi, SAFe, CSM, PMP, etc. and have expertise in industry leading testing tools along with hands-on experience in various types of testing across all phases of STLC
- With over 40+ global transformation engagements and 350+ best practices and recommendations, Cigniti has Consulting footprint across the globe and Broad Experience in various domains such as BFSI, Healthcare, Retail, and Legal.
- Cigniti follows some of the best in class methodologies and focuses on outcome-based delivery, institutionalizing metrics and measurement, clear and transparent governance approach and SLA-driven services delivery model
- With over 400+ Existing Process Assets conforming to CMMi, TMMi, ISO and other standards and 150 risk points assessment, our test accelerators and frameworks developed in-house have enabled assessment and transformation for many organizations
- Cigniti has some of the best Transformational IP Assets such as THRIVE – Proprietary framework used to measure Value, Velocity, and Visibility across delivery pipeline using automated tool platform, ADePT – Agile DevOps Enterprise Transformation Framework, CLASS – Capability, Agility, Scalability and Sustainability Rating model, BeST – Benchmark and Services Transformation framework and VERIFY – A comprehensive vendor management framework
Cigniti has forged strategic partnerships with various testing tool vendors which help us offer additional value to our clients. Our partnerships with tool vendors like HP, Smartbear, Neotys, TestPlant and QASymphony enable the customers to choose the right tools based on their requirement and budget.
BUSINESSES WHO RELY ON CIGNITI’S ATS
“Cigniti has executed many test advisory and transformation engagements across domains. Our customized ATS solutions based on the client’s requirements help them realize quick QA transformation benefits. We not only understand the needs of our clients but of their customers as well. Below is the partial list of our clients who trust us for their QA transformation needs.