AGILE TESTING SERVICES
End-to-End Agile testing services to support the next generation of software
AGILE TESTING SERVICES
With many IT organizations around the world, adopting Agile as their SDLC, Quality Assurance and Testing teams also have had to evolve to strike the right balance of application stability and time-to-market. Testing has to become continuous and also smarter. Improved test automation with the right testing techniques help ensure that a “potentially shippable product increment” is delivered every sprint.
Cigniti has been a trusted testing partner for many organizations in various stages of adopting Agile. We have helped organizations new to Agile build in QA planning, estimation, metrics into their sprints. In case of more mature organizations, we have seamlessly integrated with their sprint teams to improve test coverage, velocity, and quality. Our frameworks for continuous test automation and performance testing have been leveraged by multiple organizations to improve their Quality Assurance and Testing practices.
Cigniti has successfully supported variants of Agile, be it Scrum, ATDD, BDD etc. With larger organizations, we have helped scale Agile using frameworks like SAFe, SoS etc. While Agile works best with a collocated model, we have also leveraged our Distributed Agile Testing Framework to support a global delivery model.
Key Differentiators of Cigniti’s Agile Testing Services
- CI & automation using matured TAF that seamlessly integrates with leading CI tools and deployment processes.
- Communication & Collaboration – Collocated team to manage distributed Agile environment. “Time Zone Matrix” to plan scrum meetings that support global delivery model.
- ‘Done’ criteria – Set for all user stories and cross-checked for adherence before signing-off. It is one of the most critical checkpoints of an Agile project.
- Lean Governance – Implementation of quality gates, sprint retrospection & reviews; metrics & measures enable thorough alignment with Agile development process
- Distributed Agile Framework that allows multiple collocated teams to work in a highly collaborative manner that delivers agility and assures quality.
AGILE TESTING METHODOLOGY
Business enterprises across the world are experiencing a common trend of increased client expectations, technology upgrades and unpredictability in their business environment. The magnitude of these changes and accompanying uncertainty is compelling most of the enterprises to adopt/follow “Agile” – a flexible and progressive software development process/model.
As per current trends, most of the Enterprises have gone one-level above and implemented agile scrum of scrums (SoS), an important technique in scaling scrum to large project teams for achieving their business objectives. SoS consists of clusters of teams working in a distributed environment making the situation even more challenging in communicating, governing and maintaining time to market.
To address the above stated challenges, Cigniti has developed a matured and proven test approach that has the ability to seamlessly integrate with client’s agile development processes or hybrid development processes. This methodology ensures that testing is complementing development, helping in the early adoption of automation through Continuous Integration and implementation of testing techniques (TDD, BDD et al). This approach not only helps achieving time to market but also reduces defect slippage.
Quality Gates are inherent part of Cigniti’s Agile Testing framework. Cigniti’s quality gates come with a host of predefined policies and quality gate criteria that is customized based on client needs. Typically the criteria is a mixture of automated checks like passing unit and integration tests, code quality and guideline checkers as well human checks like peer review, approval from other stakeholders. Automatically enforcing quality gates ensures that the products meet the quality level and compliance conformance clients need in production.
While Cigniti’s approach takes care of “quality and timeliness”, governance and communication are also primary concerns of clients adopting agile methodology. To overcome this, Cigniti has built a lean governance model that provides “right-level of information to right-stakeholders at the right time”. Cigniti has institutionalized metrics and measurement framework to track and monitor sprint velocity, burn rate, backlogs, sprint retro trends et al that provides performance visibility and confidence to all stakeholders (Dev, BAs, QA, Infra and Exec Team) for release readiness.
QUALITY ENGINEERING FOR AGILE TRANSFORMATION
To keep up with the pace of development in Agile, the way we think about testing has to change. Unlike the waterfall model, there is no separate phase for testing. Testing has to be done along with development. This means that we have to start thinking and planning for testing much earlier. The sprint planning phase has to consider the needs of testing such as clear acceptance and DONE criteria, proper effort estimation for testing.
- Automation begins at the unit level followed by API and GUI level automation. Automation coverage for lower levels (unit & API) should be very high. Only critical end-to-end scenarios should be automated at the GUI level.
- Performance targets should be identified for key scenarios/user stories. Single-user performance tests can be automated and executed every sprint to ensure no performance regressions take place
- Improve tool integration to implement continuous integration and deployment
- Cross skilling of resources ensure better utilization
- Real-time reporting and tracking of key metrics
AGILE TESTING PROCESS AT CIGNITI
Cigniti delivers Agile Testing services with a combination of pre-built test suites that dovetail into the development environment and help to identify defects, eliminate redundancy and strengthen QA of the applications even as they are being developed. With a 6 step process that begins with Sprint planning and ends with Execution, our Core and Flex team work towards achieving true agility.
Let Cigniti’s Agile Test Specialists perform a complete maturity assessment for your organization’s testing needs to help you get the most out of your agile projects.
CIGNITI’S AGILE TESTING THOUGHT LEADERSHIP
Cigniti’s Agile Testing Practice regularly publishes whitepapers to benefit the software testing community at large. These whitepapers help organizations adopt the latest Agile practices and integrate agile development and testing methods into new development projects.
- 5 Things Agile Testing approach does DifferentlyAgile Testing Methodology has been adopted by enterprises who need Continuous changes throughout the software development and testing lifecycle. The practice demands that development and testing activities are conducted alongside, which is very differently structured when compared to the Waterfall model. Hence, Agile Testing approach takes a completely contrary approach as against the traditional Testing […] The post 5 Things Agile Testing approach does Differently appeared first on Software Testing Blog by Cigniti Technologies. Read more »
- How critical is UX testing? Can Agile help?The race to reach faster to the market and to become a preferred choice for customers is putting tremendous pressure on enterprises across diverse business domains. Every brand is building up strategies to ensure better and much better customer experience. Considering the focus is on making a digital impact, every brand/service/product is striving to come […] The post How critical is UX testing? Can Agile help? appeared first on Software Testing Blog by Cigniti Technologies. Read more »
- Setting up QA processes in an Agile environment? Check this out.Agile software development evolved as a practice to establish an approach that fosters flexibility, speed, and collaborative effort. With Agile, solutions evolve with an inclusive approach and with cross-functional team efforts. New age organizations with changing needs are realizing its benefits for faster application development cycles and quicker turnaround during demanding situations. However, shorter and […] The post Setting up QA processes in an Agile environment? Check this out. appeared first on Software Testing Blog by Cigniti Technologies. Read more »
Cigniti has forged strategic partnerships with many of the industry’s leading testing tool providers. These relationships allow Cigniti to provide you with additional insights and assistance as you make critical technology choices in your agile application development lifecycle.
BUSINESSES WHO RELY ON CIGNITI’S AGILE TESTING SERVICES
Cigniti’s Agile Test Experts have successfully helped organizations achieve better business results and gain a competitive edge via the effective use of agile methodologies. By collaborating with Cigniti’s agile testing teams, our clients have been able to realize quantifiable business benefits including reduced time to market and shorter software release cycles. Cigniti’s end-to-end agile testing strategy and distributed agile framework has delivered these results to numerous clients who were looking to adopt agile methodologies in a practical way.
“By 2020, agile and DevOps initiatives will cause at least 75% of enterprises to implement test automation.”
— Gartner’s 2016 report on ‘Magic Quadrant for Application Testing Services, Worldwide’