Utilize a fully functional lab dedicated towards testing all sorts of
communication network and bandwidth related needs of the industry.
Challenges in the Communications Industry
Today’s Telecommunications industry is rife with numerous challenges and the ever changing trends that make disruption a priority in the arena. Some of the key trends and challenges are:
- Costs of Management and Declining Topline: To manage costs effectively and to reap the benefits of the hard work, the Telecom industry needs to invest wisely in the IT industry. If the software and tools being used are properly tested and function seamlessly, managing this particular challenge will not really be difficult.
- Proper infrastructure: As said above, a well-tested, fully functional framework that is adaptable, flexible, and reliable is the need of the hour for the telecom industry to flourish. An added challenge to the need of right infrastructure is the ever increasing base of subscribers to the multiple services being offered by the industry that span different tools, platforms, etc.
- The Need to Stand Out: To outshine the competition, providing services that satisfy customers is a sure fire option. Using, and providing IT tools that fulfill these incessant demands and needs of customers therefore takes the prime spot towards helping build, and establish a brand.
- New Services and Customer Retention: With the boom in the mobile communications industry, it is of paramount importance for organizations to keep churning out newer and better apps and services that do not have any functional snags. This is the only way to retain and increase their customer base.
- Demands of Network Bandwidth and Capacity: More and more network operators are researching and providing offers for better network bandwidths. This, in essence, brings forth the need of stable and proper optical communication systems that not only scale the network efficiently, but also use lesser power.
Using the services of a well-established service provider can help ease out most of these obstacles in your road to success.
Our Testing Offerings for Communications Industry
Cigniti is focused on helping the Communications industry tackle the aforementioned challenges and invests and supports innovations and research for the same. It offers a fully functional lab dedicated towards testing all sorts of network and bandwidth related needs of the industry. Our integration and advisory services help understand the real underlying needs of your organization, thereby assessing how best to overcome the persistent challenges. Our processes have been established with a lot of expertise and experience in handling real-time issues, and prove a boon when overcoming similar challenges as they are reusable. Cigniti’s specific Service offerings for the communications domain can be divided in four categories:
- Specialized: This category covers Test Management Office, DevOps, Revenue Assurance, Mobility, Bill to Bill, DW and BI Testing, User Experience, and QA Advisory, and IoT
- Automation: This includes Automation as DevOps accelerator, Front End Applications, Batch & Back End as Usage Processing, Billing, End of Day, End of Cycle, SOAP & REST, and Web / e-Commerce
- Non-Functional: This includes:
- Performance Engineering including application level load, Integrated E2E, Stability, Client/smart Client stability, Stress/capacity, Volume, Negative testing
- Security Testing
- Production Readiness including Performance & Load testing on production HW, Disaster recovery for High Availability / Failover, Production start-up, and DB Backup / Restore)
- Post Production Monitoring & Support / Special Events
- Functional: This covers areas such as Assembly / product, Integration, E2E, UAT, and On-Going Support
|Main Area of Expertise||Additional Area of Expertise|
|Wireless (Internet, mobility) & Wireline (Land Phone, TV)||Call Centers|
|IoT (apple watch, connected home, connected cars, etc.)||Self Service|
|SMB/Enterprises as portals for non-communications products||Retail (POS)|
|Media & Entertainment||Cloud & Social|
BUSINESSES WHO RELY ON CIGNITI’S EXPERTISE
Our Thought Leadership
- 5 Things App Testers Must do differently for your Business to SucceedSince the year 2008 Mobile Applications have come a long way to empower and entertain diverse users. In fact, the application development scenario is getting immensely competitive and challenging for new entrants. An article published by YourStory.com has even segmented Application usage patterns – Music (79%), Health and fitness (51%), Social networking (49%), Travel (28%), […] The post 5 Things App Testers Must do differently for your Business to Succeed appeared first on Software Testing Blog by Cigniti Technologies. Read more »
- How to eliminate flaws with your Mobile Test Automation strategy?According to the Business Investor, the Global Test Automation Market is likely to expand at a robust CAGR of 15.4% by 2025. Test Automation with its software testing processes, frameworks, and test suites have been adding tremendous value to the software development lifecycle. Today, almost all testing processes involve substantial levels of automation, with an […] The post How to eliminate flaws with your Mobile Test Automation strategy? appeared first on Software Testing Blog by Cigniti Technologies. Read more »
- Top 5 trends in Mobile Test AutomationThe year 2018 marks the 10-year anniversary for Apple App store and Android. The last decade has witnessed tremendous action, constant updates, rave reviews, millions of downloads, and much more. By the end of 2017 the iOS App Store and Google Play had more than 2 million and more than 3.5 million apps. Mobile Applications […] The post Top 5 trends in Mobile Test Automation appeared first on Software Testing Blog by Cigniti Technologies. Read more »
“Continued momentum around core telecommunications businesses—as well as innovation around non-traditional business models such as Internet of Things applications, mPayments, and evolving communications technologies—will present both new challenges and growth opportunities for telecommunications companies.”
Craig Wigginton, vice chairman and US Telecommunications leader, Deloitte & Touche LLP.