Testing Services for Energy and Utilities (E&U) Industry
E&U are the lifeline of a society and vital to the global economy. An uninterrupted and well managed E&U domain nourishes the growth of the economy and addresses the emerging needs with the optimum use of technology. Smart Meters, self-service portals, and Omni-Channel transactions are being preferred as the providers are compelled to cater to increasing consumption from industrial as well as domestic customers while complying with emission reduction systems as part of environment-friendly policies.
“According to a recent report from Navigant Research, the worldwide installed base of smart meters will grow from 313 million in 2013 to nearly 1.1 billion in 2022.” ~ Altimeter Group
When it comes to the field impact of E&U, the value chain is as important as the production. Being a strategic part of the infrastructure that supports the global economy, the E&U domain connects an enormous array of stakeholders ranging from governments, regulators, corporations, service providers to consumers. To operate a complex ecosystem, the business concerns are spread in intricate pockets across production, transport, distribution, consumption measurement, and billing.
The importance of Quality and the inherent business value has made Software Testing an essential component of the E&U project delivery. Ranging from early integration to ensuring mission critical operations during the transformation of core business applications along with infrastructure updates, testing has become vital for CIO’s to ensure their transformation journey is smooth and flawless.
Cigniti E&U Testing Capabilities
Cigniti understands the testing needs of the E&U landscape which is undergoing massive transformation from existing systems to better ways of consumption, production and distribution. Having delivered comprehensive testing services to E&U organizations in US, UK and Europe, Cigniti brings greater test coverage, test acceleration and tool agnostic test frameworks. With capabilities that enrich QA initiatives across change management, compliance programs and executive monitoring, Cigniti’s services strengthen the global E&U ecosystems with precision and high standards of QA.
“Cyber-attacks Against Oil & Gas Infrastructure to Drive $1.87 Billion in Cybersecurity Spending by 2018.” ~ ABI Research
Our Testing Offerings for Energy and Utilities (E&U)
Testing Services in the E&U Domain
- System & Integration Testing
- Regression & Automation
- Security Testing
- Multi-Channel Testing
- Hardware/Embedded Testing (IVR, Mobile, PDA’s, Smart Device)
- Test Advisory Services
- Digital Testing
- SMAC Implementation
- Smart Meter Rollouts
- Platform Upgrades
- Enterprise Asset Management
- Mobile Workforce Management
- Highway Authority Notifications
- Enterprise Platforms – Ventyx Service Suite, SAP, IS-Utility, BI/BW, Oracle Utilities, PEACE, CRM, and Maximo
- Outage Management
- Demand Side Management
- In-Home Displays
- Protecting the security of critical generation and delivery infrastructure, as well as maintaining system reliability with aging physical assets. Public and private utilities are looking at how technology can reduce cost, drive efficiencies and enhance competitive advantage
BUSINESSES WHO RELY ON CIGNITI’S EXPERTISE
Our Thought Leadership
- Is Digital the next big thing for Energy and Utilities? Can Automation bring value?Renewable energy techs and companies (RenTechs) is an upcoming and gradually trending phenomenon that is taking on the Energy and Utilities sector. It is slowly and steadily creating an impact in the energy sector. As a response to cost hassles, a step towards managing climate change, or an attempt to build green energy, RenTechs are […] The post Is Digital the next big thing for Energy and Utilities? Can Automation bring value? appeared first on Software Testing Blog by Cigniti Technologies. Read more »
- How Can Vulnerability Assessment Save You From the Next Crash?In a recent development, sensitive personal data of almost 50,000 Australians and about 5,000 Australian Federal public servants got exposed online. It has been recorded as one of the biggest ever data breaches in the country. The affected parties include employees of the Department of Finance, the Australian Electoral Commission, and National Disability Insurance Agency. […] The post How Can Vulnerability Assessment Save You From the Next Crash? appeared first on Software Testing Blog by Cigniti Technologies. Read more »
“According to a recent report from Navigant Research, the worldwide installed base of smart meters will grow from 313 million in 2013 to nearly 1.1 billion in 2022.”