LEVERAGE CIGNITI’S EXPERTISE IN FUNCTIONAL TESTING
Ensure that your software applications function seamlessly,
are robust, and always meet the end user’s expectations
FUNCTIONAL TESTING SERVICES
Cigniti’s Functional Testing Services ensure the verification and validation of applications for independent software vendors and enterprises. The functional testing services focus on testing the applications against defined specifications and meeting the end user expectations for functionality. Cigniti engages with clients in the different stages of the lifecycle to align the testing objectives against the overall business goals.
Cigniti introduces early testing in the life cycle to prevent defects and detect defects early to reduce the overall testing costs, rework costs and improve quality. Cigniti’s functional testing approach is well structured and leverages proven industry standard testing techniques, tools, pre-built test accelerators, and methodologies. Our regression testing approach ensures that the new features or enhancements do not cause any unintended impact to the existing quality of applications.
Some specific services that Cigniti offers for functional testing are:
- Requirements Ambiguity Testing
- Business Process Testing
- Manual & Automated Testing
- Regression Testing
- Smoke & System Integration Testing
- Business Acceptance Testing
- Data Verification Testing
FUNCTIONAL TESTING BEST PRACTICES
Cigniti’s testing experts are trained to utilize industry standard scientific test techniques to conduct an optimized testing while ensuring functional coverage. Some of the techniques adopted by Cigniti’s teams to conduct functional testing include:
- Business flow matrix
- Decision table and state transition diagram
- Equivalence partitioning and boundary value analysis
- Exploratory Testing
- Prioritized Testing
- Rhino Hunting
- Risk-based Testing
- Traceability matrix
FUNCTIONAL REGRESSION TESTING METHODOLOGY
Cigniti’s functional testing methodology leverages the best in breed of test experts and practices to provide a complete & comprehensive coverage of functional specifications. The test experts have extensive experience in conducting testing in multiple application lifecycle models like waterfall, agile, iterative etc. All test services are customized to fit the client’s lifecycle model and environment to offer a seamless integration with the teams for new and legacy applications.
Cigniti’s functional testing methodology adopts a methodical approach to identify & create the right set of test cases & date for testing. As part of the functional testing services Cigniti performs:
- Impact analysis and evaluate test readiness
- Define test data for positive/negative testing
- Author functional test cases & identify test data
- Execute regression suite and report execution status
- Formal quality gate definition, planning & estimation
- Detailed requirements review and functional prioritization
- Document and report defects
- Maintain and manage the defect lifecycle
- Publish go/no-go dashboard for the release
- Assist business teams in conducting business acceptance testing
- Provide support services to assist teams with defect reproduction
- Develop traceability matrix between the requirements vs. Test cases
FUNCTIONAL TESTING FRAMEWORK
Cigniti’s test experts bring comprehensive experience across domains and technologies. They use a 4-pronged approach which involves choosing the right enablers, techniques, reporting models and tools to discover defects early in the test life cycle and accelerate time to market.
Cigniti provides an Analytics Driven Regression test approach which has been utilized by multiple clients across various industries offering:
- Cost-benefit regression model helps QA teams strike a fine balance between test selection and fault detection
- Automating regression testing frameworks with all leading automation tools such as Rational Suite, Mercury Interactive’ s QTP, Load runner, WinRunner, OpenSTA, etc.
- Leveraged custom dashboards highlighting test effectiveness and also for senior management view
- Proven expertise executing more than 300+ clients over a period of 10 years
- Subject matter experts with decades of regression testing experience
- Detailed information reporting on the execution summary along with QA recommendation on the Go-No-Go of the release through CIO DashboardTM
FUNCTIONAL TESTING FEATURES & BENEFITS
Cigniti’s Functional Testing Methodology incorporates inputs related to business risks, project risks, and technology risks to ensure most optimal testing and save costs and time.
- Cigniti’s Requirements Assessment Framework (RAF) identifies the ambiguity defects in the requirement phase of the Software Test Lifecycle.
- Cigniti’s Test Requirements Traceability Matrix (TRTM) ensures bi-directional traceability.
- Cigniti’s functional testing specialists adopt proven scientific techniques while performing in-depth black box testing including Boundary Value Analysis, Equivalent Partition, and Paired Testing.
- Comprehensive Test Metrics ensure absolute transparency and visibility with unit testing metrics, defect trends metrics, testing productivity metrics, process quality metrics, testing progress metrics, and Quality of the application/product under test.
- Daily, weekly, and monthly status reports with in-depth analysis of test execution status and defects. These reports leverage a variety of models and techniques to publish actionable reports and dashboards.
Find out how we helped various Fortune 500 companies with their Functional Testing needs.
FUNCTIONAL TESTING THOUGHT LEADERSHIP
Functional testing is a critical component in the race to bring software applications to market quickly. Along with a right testing approach and strategy, it is also needed that best practices of functional testing are being followed before the software is deployed and released to the market.
Cigniti has partnered with various tool vendors to automate the Functional testing needs of businesses. This helps us offer additional value to our clients across verticals.
BUSINESSES THAT RELY ON CIGNITI’S FUNCTIONAL TESTING SERVICES
Cigniti has performed functional and regression testing for a number of clients across domains. Below is the partial list of clients who trust Cigniti for their functional software testing needs.
ANALYST VIEWS ON FUNCTIONAL TESTING
The global Specialized Testing Services (STS) was a high growth industry valued at ~$15.7bn in 2014 and projected to grow at ~+12% during the 2014-2019 period. Functional testing represents 75% of STS spending.