Managed Security Testing Services
Security testing expertise across cloud, mobile,
web, desktop and client-server applications
SECURITY TESTING SERVICES
Security testing has become an absolutely critical part of an organization’s development strategy. This is due to the increase in the number of privacy breaches that organizations are facing today. In order to be able to effectively address our client’s security testing needs, Cigniti adopts the latest industry standards and testing methodologies.
Cigniti possesses rich expertise in Security Testing of enterprise applications, catering to diversified business needs. Cigniti has immense experience in serving clients across different industry verticals and organization sizes. Our Web application penetration testing uncovers vulnerabilities in applications and ensures the application risks are minimized. In addition, our code analyzers ensure your software code is benchmarked for increased quality assurance. Cigniti’s key differentiators include:
- Certified Ethical Hackers
- Provide hacker’s eye view
- Finding zero-day vulnerabilities
- Domain specific/Business logic tests
- Expertise in intrusive tests (DoS, DDoS, etc…)
- Manual verification to eliminate false positives
- Recognized by Fortune 500 companies for helping secure their products
SECURITY TESTING CENTER OF EXCELLENCE
Cigniti has a dedicated Security Testing Center of Excellence (TCoE) that has developed methodologies, processes, templates, checklists, and guidelines for web applications, software products, networks, and cloud. Cigniti offers end-to-end security testing services including Network Penetration Testing, SCADA Network Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing, Web Application Penetration Testing, Wireless Network Assessment and Penetration Testing. This practice consists of over 100 security testing professionals who hold certifications such as Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) and Certified Security Analyst (CSA). This team continuously researches the new threats/vulnerabilities being reported along with new tools/techniques to identify these issues. As a part of this effort, the team has conducted proactive vulnerability assessments for sites like Amazon and PayPal. Cigniti’s security testing team has also been recognized by these organizations for the vulnerabilities reported. As a result of the research conducted by this team, the CoE has built up a repository of security test cases/checklists and developed capabilities using open source and proprietary security testing tools.
Cigniti’s Security TCoE consists of dedicated teams of security testing specialists with deep expertise spanning multiple domains/industries, cutting-edge technological resources/tools. Also, our ISO 27001 and ISO 9001 certified processes help ensure we deliver world class security testing services for our clients to help them stay compliant with the rigors of compliance driven businesses.
CIGNITI’S SECURITY TESTING SERVICES OVERVIEW
Cigniti’s Security testing services address mission-critical security challenges faced by enterprises. With key focus on areas such as Network security, Mobile application security, Cloud application security, and Source code review, our 5 step security test lifecycle makes your applications secure.
We have deep expertise in providing Security testing services to our global enterprise clients. The image represents a snapshot of our security testing services.
To know more about the specific nature of the security testing services we provide, browse the categories below.
CIGNITI’S SECURITY TESTING OFFERINGS
SECURITY TESTING TYPES & TECHNIQUES
Over the last few years, Cigniti has built up a repository of security test cases and developed capabilities using both open source and proprietary security testing tools.
Security Testing Techniques: Cigniti implements best-of-breed techniques to check for SQL injection, Cross Site Scripting, Cross Site Request Forgery (CSRF) (includes the Top Ten OWASP) and zero-day vulnerabilities along with vulnerabilities discovered by our R&D team through CoE. Cigniti’s methodology consists of test techniques that are manually executed, for example, domain/business logic driven tests which are then translated into manually crafted payload to assess the vulnerabilities and showcase steps that can exploit any weakness in the Information/Network system.
Testlets for various types of Security Testing: Cigniti has collated Test-lets based on various security test types that are employed for Security testing. The tests include testing for vulnerabilities such as SQL Injection, Cross-Site Scripting, Broken Authentication and Session Management, Unsecure Direct Object Reference, Cross-Site Request Forgery, Security Misconfiguration, Unsecure Cryptographic Usage, Failure to Restrict URL Access, Insufficient Transport Layer Protection, and Invalidated Redirects and Forwards.
SECURITY TESTING DASHBOARDS
Cigniti’s Security Testing Dashboard consists of a comprehensive report outlining the vulnerabilities discovered during the cycle along with additional information such as screenshots and reproduction steps to facilitate ease of understanding. The vulnerabilities detected are scored with respect to industry standard CVSS 3.0 framework.
This comprehensive report will contain an executive summary report for top management and technical committee to showcase the security posture of application along with the detailed vulnerability report which includes vulnerability details and possible recommendations aimed towards mitigation.
Security Assessment report of application is divided into different sections to facilitate easy readability. Reports begin with an Executive tear-off to facilitate easy reference of assessment findings to executive management and have an executive summary providing a summarized view of the overall security posture of the application assessed. Customers can figure out overall security posture based on the test results. This section also lists count of vulnerabilities by their score and severity.
KEY DIFFERENTIATORS OF CIGNITI’S SECURITY TESTING SERVICES
Cigniti’s Security Testing Services (Application Penetration Services) has consistently met and exceeded the needs of enterprises and ISVs across the verticals who are looking to hire specialist Software Testing teams. Few differentiators of our security testing services are:
- Co-located Testing Professionals (Career Testers) & Access to large software testing pool
- Proprietary IP-led Testing Services – BlueSwan
- Agile, Nimble, and Responsive delivery methodology
- Proven expertise in setting up TCoE for large organizations
CIGNITI’S SECURITY TESTING THOUGHT LEADERSHIP
- How to Stay Protected from Phishing Attacks?‘Camouflage’ refers to hiding or disguising one’s presence in a manner that makes it nigh impossible for others to identify/recognize someone. While natural camouflage is an incredible thing – and increases an animal’s chances of survival by deceiving predators, – acting as a weapon for them to hunt or protect themselves from attacks – ‘Phishing’ is a […] The post How to Stay Protected from Phishing Attacks? appeared first on Software Testing Blog by Cigniti Technologies. Read more »
- Addressing New-Age Security Testing challenges with focused technology platformsThe days of developers creating every line of code from scratch are over. The intense demand for newer, better software means development cycles have become correspondingly intense. Moreover, the need for Continuous Testing/Development, and Continuous Integration is growing, as Application Development keeps getting complex. Challenges pertaining to Security Testing and Database testing are increasing with […] The post Addressing New-Age Security Testing challenges with focused technology platforms appeared first on Software Testing Blog by Cigniti Technologies. Read more »
- 4 ways Application Security Testing supports Software DevelopmentIn a recently reported incident, the North Korea-linked Lazarus hackers infected the bank’s debit card payment system with malware and withdrew money from ATMs in 28 countries. Incidentally, this group of hackers has a reputation for conducting highly coordinated global raids — such as the $81 million theft at Bangladesh Bank and the 2014 attacks on Sony’s Hollywood studio. In the […] The post 4 ways Application Security Testing supports Software Development appeared first on Software Testing Blog by Cigniti Technologies. Read more »
We are powered by the strong strategic partnerships with leading test tool vendors to deliver strategic value to our customers. Our test professionals have profound expertise in handling various commercial security testing tools as well as open-source security testing tools. In addition to partnerships with SOASTA, JarLoad, NeoTys, TestPlant, Ranorex & more, we also are HP Service Provider (SPP) Partners.
BUSINESSES WHO RELY ON CIGNITI’S SECURITY TESTING SERVICES
Security of applications is critical to any business enterprise. Cigniti’s unique Managed Security Testing Services model combines the deep understanding of industry best practices and decade long expertise in software testing services delivery. Cigniti ensures your applications are secure, scalable, and agile. Every software update/release throws open areas of vulnerability. We assist businesses ensure that vulnerabilities are identified and fixed, much before clients of our businesses get to experience the update. We have worked with leading large and small businesses and enterprises and helped them build a safe and secure software for their users. A few of them are listed below.
“Gartner, Inc. forecasts worldwide enterprise security spending to total $96.3 billion in 2018, an increase of 8 percent from 2017. Organizations are spending more on security as a result of regulations, shifting buyer mindset, awareness of emerging threats and the evolution to a digital business strategy.”