Benefits of Test Automation CoE, Methodology, & Framework
Benefits of Test Automation Center of Excellence
Cigniti’s TA CoE comprises of a dedicated team of over 50 Architects and 700 test automation experts who develop IP/accelerators for automating tests by leveraging industry trends, best practices, and reusable test automation frameworks/libraries.
Cigniti is also an active contributor in open source platforms for test automation and is a silver sponsor of Selenium.
- Automation Assessment, Advisory & Transformation Services
- Automation Testing Tool Feasibility
- Custom Test Harness Development
- Automation Framework Customization & Development
- Automation Test Suite Development & Maintenance
Benefits of Test Automation Methodology
Our proprietary test techniques help identify automatable manual tests. Cigniti’s test automation methodology (and team) is well accustomed to Agile and DevOps environments ensuring consistent ROI during the entire agile lifecycle. Cigniti’s test automation experts implement automated test suites with a focus on long term utilization of the suites.
Key Agile-based test automation activities include:
- Small & lean tests that lower maintenance
- Periodic reviews to ensure test suites are “green”
- Analyzing opportunities for in-sprint and delayed automation
- Supporting execution of multiple regression tests during each sprint
- Maintenance of an automation backlog and prioritize candidate test cases
Benefits of Cigniti’s Test Automation Framework
Cigniti’s Test Automation Framework (TAF) provides support for extensibility, Service Virtualization, portability, forward integration, and just-in-time reporting that adds value leading to more than 50% overall cost savings in automation design, execution cycle, and maintenance. By leveraging Cigniti’s enablers and the assets developed by the TA CoE, organizations have reduced efforts in developing their test automation framework by over 80%, saved more than 50% in test automation script development efforts, and realized over 70% reduction in overall regression testing efforts.
The organizations that have implemented Cigniti’s TAF continue to enjoy benefits such as:
- Smart tagging of test cases that helps execution based on “release objectives”.
- Continuous integration testing with leading CI server tools & multiple test data sources.
- Compatibility with leading ERPs, packaged solutions, Web, mobile, and thick-client applications.
- Large repository of keywords for a common, scalable knowledge base that promotes reuse of functional libraries.
- Dashboards with in-depth visibility into project status, test execution results & analysis reports.
- Single point maintenance methodology that reduces complex operating costs, overall testing time, & brings about quicker ROI.
- Enables clients to run comprehensive regression tests for major & minor releases improving the overall quality of applications.
- Integration with open and commercial test automation tools to make validation of complex business processes easy.
Consult our experienced team of test automation experts for your automated software testing requirements.