Services & Benefits of Test Automation CoE
Cigniti is an active contributor in open source platforms for test automation and is a silver sponsor of Selenium. Cigniti’s test automation CoE leverages Selenium as a tool of choice for automating web application testing, performing functional regression automation, and developing & maintaining automated test suites. We have developed a custom test automation framework for cross-platform application testing of the web and mobile applications. With Selenium WebDriver as the engine, Cigniti has implemented custom solutions to function with various lifecycle tools, ensuring seamless integration. Cigniti’s test automation CoE helps clients jumpstart their automation efforts and implement a proven platform to increase longevity and reduce maintenance. Cigniti’s IP-driven tools and test automation services maximize the benefits of browser testing for applications of all sizes, across industries.
Cigniti’s TA CoE team develops IP/accelerators for automating tests by leveraging industry trends, best practices, and reusable test automation frameworks/ libraries. Following are the services provided by our CoE:
- Automation Assessment, Advisory & Transformation Services, & ROI Analysis
- Automation Testing Tool Feasibility
- Custom Test Harness Development
- Automation Framework Customization, Integration, Review, & Analysis
- Automation Test Suite Development & Maintenance
Benefits of Our Test Automation Methodology
Our proprietary test techniques help identify automatable manual tests. Cigniti’s test automation methodology (and team) is well-accustomed to Agile and DevOps environments ensuring consistent ROI during the entire software development lifecycle. Our test automation experts implement automated test suites with a focus on long-term utilization of the suites.
Key Agile-based test automation activities include:
- Jump start your efforts up to 30%
- Reusability and modularity that reduces efforts by up to 25%
- Enhanced test coverage and improved RoI
- Reduction in Testing efforts by up to 30-50%
- Small & lean tests that lower maintenance
- Periodic reviews to ensure test suites are “green”
- Analyzing opportunities for in-sprint and delayed automation
- Supporting execution of multiple regression tests during each sprint
- Maintenance of an automation backlog and prioritize candidate test cases
IP-Led Tool-Agnostic Test Automation Framework
Cigniti’s Test Automation Framework (TAF) is a proven, IP-led, tool agnostic, platform independent testing solution for automating complex business processes with support for industry design patterns such as Keyword, Data, and Hybrid to enable non-technical users to validate business processes in an automated manner.
TAF integrates with all the leading commercial and open source test tools such as:
- CI Server Tools – Jenkins, Bamboo, Travis, etc.
- Test Management Tools – HP ALM, QTest, Zephyr, QA Complete, TestLink, etc.
- Test Automation Tools – HP UFT, Selenium, Testcomplete, EggPlant, Ranorex, Appium, Cucumber, etc.
Cigniti’s Test Automation Accelerator Kit (TAAK) enables end-to-end automation of applications across the SDLC helping enhance the quality of testing. TAAK supports thick-client (desktop) applications, web-based applications, mobile apps, and more.
Benefits of Cigniti’s Test Automation Framework
Cigniti’s Test Automation Framework (TAF) provides support for extensibility, Service Virtualization, portability, forward integration, and just-in-time reporting that adds value leading to more than 50% overall cost savings in automation design, execution cycle, and maintenance. By leveraging Cigniti’s enablers and the assets developed by the TA CoE, organizations have reduced efforts in developing their test automation framework by over 80%, saved more than 50% in test automation script development efforts, and realized over 70% reduction in overall regression testing efforts.
The organizations that have implemented Cigniti’s TAF continue to enjoy benefits such as:
- Smart tagging of test cases that helps execution based on “release objectives”.
- Continuous integration testing with leading CI server tools & multiple test data sources.
- Compatibility with leading ERPs, packaged solutions, Web, mobile, and thick-client applications.
- Large repository of keywords for a common, scalable knowledge base that promotes reuse of functional libraries.
- Dashboards with in-depth visibility into project status, test execution results & analysis reports.
- Single point maintenance methodology that reduces complex operating costs, overall testing time, & brings about quicker ROI.
- Enables clients to run comprehensive regression tests for major & minor releases improving the overall quality of applications.
- Integration with open and commercial test automation tools to make validation of complex business processes easy.
Consult our experienced team of test automation experts for your automated software testing requirements.