LEVERAGE CIGNITI’S EXPERTISE IN TEST AUTOMATION
Ensure speed to market, innovation, and superior quality.
TEST AUTOMATION SERVICES
Cigniti is a leader in providing test automation services and has built a dedicated Automation Center of Excellence (ACoE) backed by a decade of experience in executing test automation engagements for global clients & a large pool of test automation experts. Cigniti Test Automation Accelerator Kit comprises of pre-built test automation scripts, utilities, process assets and frameworks, and has helped many companies in implementing successful test automation initiatives.
Cigniti’s test automation strategy enables organizations to increase release velocity, reduce time to market and reduce overall testing effort resulting in a significant return on investment (ROI). Cigniti has developed a tool and technology agnostic, plug-and-play test automation framework with pre-built interfaces to CI servers, application lifecycle management tools and defect management tools that fully support the majority of test automation tools adopted by organizations.
Cigniti invests over a $1mn annually for developing intellectual property and has committed partnerships with industry leading automation tool vendors to complement innovation. Cigniti is also an active contributor in open source platforms for test automation and is a silver sponsor of Selenium. Cigniti has also developed a host of pre-built automated test suites for industry leading 3rd party products like SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, Salesforce, SAP Hybris, MS Dynamics CRM, and Work Day.
TEST AUTOMATION CENTER OF EXCELLENCE
Cigniti’s ACoE comprises of a dedicated team of over 50 Architects and 700 test automation experts who develop test automation IP/accelerators by leveraging industry trends, best practices, and reusable frameworks/libraries.
By leveraging Cigniti’s enablers and the assets developed by the ACoE, organizations have reduced efforts in developing test automation framework by over 80%, saved more than 50% in test automation script development efforts, and realized over 70% reduction in overall regression testing efforts.
Key services provided by Cigniti include:
- Automation Assessment, Advisory & Transformation Services
- Automation Testing Tool Feasibility
- Automation Framework Development
- Automation Test Suite Development & Maintenance
- Custom Test Harness Development
TEST AUTOMATION METHODOLOGY
Cigniti utilizes proprietary test techniques to identify automatable manual tests. Cigniti’s test automation methodology (and team) is well accustomed to Agile and DevOps environments ensuring consistent ROI during the entire agile lifecycle.
Cigniti’s test automation experts implement automated test suites with a focus on long term utilization of the suites. Key Agile-based test automation activities include:
- Small & lean tests to lower maintenance
- Loose coupling of tests & data
- Periodic reviews to ensure test suites are “green”
- Analyzing opportunities for in-sprint and delayed automation
- Supporting execution of multiple regression tests during each sprint
- Maintenance of an automation backlog and prioritize candidate test cases
TEST AUTOMATION MAINTENANCE APPROACH
With a focus on long-term maintenance, Cigniti provides test automation maintenance services to its clients including:
- Assessment and refactoring of existing frameworks and test suites
- Augmentation of existing test automation frameworks with Cigniti’s Test Automation Framework components
- Enhancement of automated test suite and Test Automation Framework to support application & platform upgrades
- Migration services to modernize legacy automation scripts to new test automation tools
- Win Runner to QTP (WinQuick)
- QTP to Lean FT (Quick Lean)
- Any tool to Selenium (Migrate2Selenium)
- Any tool to Any tool (Migr8)With a focus on long-term maintenance, Cigniti provides test automation maintenance services to its clients including:
IP-LED TOOL AGNOSTIC TEST AUTOMATION FRAMEWORK
Cigniti’s Test Automation Framework (TAF) is a proven IP-led, tool agnostic, platform independent testing solution for automating complex business processes with support for industry design patterns such as Keyword, Data, and Hybrid to enable non-technical users to validate business processes in an automated manner. TAF integrates with all the leading commercial and open source test tools such as:
- CI Server Tools – Jenkins, Bamboo, Travis, etc.
- Test Management Tools – HP ALM, QTest, Zephyr, QA Complete, TestLink, etc.
- Test Automation Tools – HP UFT, Selenium, Testcomplete, EggPlant, Ranorex, Appium, Cucumber, etc.
TEST AUTOMATION FRAMEWORK FEATURES & BENEFITS
TAF’s support for extensibility, Service Virtualization, portability, forward integration, and just-in-time reporting add value leading to more than 50% overall cost savings in automation design, execution cycle, and maintenance.
Key features and benefits of Cigniti’s TAF include:
- Smart tagging of test cases helps selection for execution based on “release objectives”.
- Continuous integration testing with leading CI server tools and multiple test data sources.
- Compatibility with leading ERPs, packaged solutions, Web, mobile, and thick-client applications.
- Large repository of keywords for a common, scalable knowledge base that promotes reuse of functional libraries.
- Dashboards with in-depth visibility into project status, test execution results & analysis reports.
- Single point maintenance methodology reduces complex operating costs, overall testing time, & brings about quicker ROI.
- Enables clients to run comprehensive regression tests for major and minor releases improving improve the overall quality of applications.
- Integration with open and commercial tools to make validation of complex business processes easy.
TEST AUTOMATION ACCELERATOR KIT
Cigniti’s Test Automation Accelerator Kit (TAAK) enables end-to-end automation of applications across the SDLC helping enhance the quality of testing. TAAK supports thick-client (desktop) applications, web-based applications, mobile apps, and more.
TEST AUTOMATION THOUGHT LEADERSHIP
Cigniti is a thought leader of automated testing in Agile-based testing environments that create a strong base for organizations. We share our best practices on software testing and quality by means of blogs, white papers, leadership articles, webinars, and Podcasts.
- How do we foresee the future of Test Automation?Test Automation is like a self-healing process for Software Testing and Quality Assurance. When software glitches keep mushrooming constantly, business risks grow and testing teams face major challenges. Automation frameworks enable testing and development teams to enhance the testing activities and accelerate the development tasks. According to a report released by SBWire, ‘The global test […] The post How do we foresee the future of Test Automation? appeared first on Software Testing Blog by Cigniti Technologies. Read more »
- Real Time Challenges in implementing Test Automation for Enterprise ApplicationsEnsuring Speed and Quality in application development is absolutely essential for all kinds and sizes of enterprises. Test Automation has been considered and adopted by substantial number of enterprises and teams working on time bound and business critical applications. The challenges thrown by Digital Transformation can be managed with an effective Test Automation strategy with […] The post Real Time Challenges in implementing Test Automation for Enterprise Applications appeared first on Software Testing Blog by Cigniti Technologies. Read more »
- Effective practices for API Test AutomationApplication development is getting complicated, as applications tend to get complex with changing customer preferences and challenges posed by digital technologies. Testing for Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) happens at the message level, which is highly critical, as it helps to gauge its accessibility, performance, functionality, and security. API tests are the fastest tests to get […] The post Effective practices for API Test Automation appeared first on Software Testing Blog by Cigniti Technologies. Read more »
A quick view of Cigniti’s partners – who also are industry leading automation tool vendors.
BUSINESSES THAT RELY ON CIGNITI’S TEST AUTOMATION SERVICES
Cigniti provides customized automation testing solutions to its clients. Below is a partial list of our clients who trust us for their test automation needs.
“Continuous testing is the overarching theme for software test automation tools in 2018, and that will cause a tool convergence”
— Diego Lo Giudice, VP and principal analyst at Forrester Research.