“We are committed to maintaining the privacy and security of the personal information provided by all of our clients and employees”.
This policy (represented in the webpage) applies to any personal information which Cigniti may collect when you visit our website (https://www.cigniti.com) or during the process of prospecting, marketing, recruitment and exchanging information for the purpose of new business or expansion. The primary purpose of Cigniti’s website is to be a useful and dynamic resource and a business enabling tool to help you learn more about our services and recognitions. We want your experience to be secure and comfortable as we are committed to maintaining your privacy when doing so.
In this policy, “We”, “Us” and “Our” refer to Cigniti Technologies Limited. For more information about Us, please visit https://www.cigniti.com.
Cigniti collects information at its website in ways such as ‘directly’ (example – when you provide information to sign up for a newsletter, whitepaper, web resource or register to comment on a forum website); and ‘indirectly’ (example – through our website’s technology or cookies). Cigniti may collect the following primary information (but not limited to):
- Email address
- Phone number
The above information is collected through either filling in forms on our website or through employment resumes. This includes registering to use the website, subscribing to services, newsletters and alerts, registering for a conference or webinar requesting a whitepaper download or any other related information. It is completely up to you to decide before providing any personal information. Cigniti does not engage in the practice of sharing contact information to other companies. Contact information from our website or any registration forms is used to send requested information and promotional material to prospects. The legal basis for this processing is Our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of Our website and business growth and communications with users/prospects.
Along with the above information, we may collect personal data of our workers, candidates, vendors, business contacts, shareholders and website users. We will always try to give individuals appropriate notice of what data will be collected and for the purpose for which the same is collected and used. Cigniti will only process that data if it is considered fair and lawful to do so.
Our website collects information about your computer, including (where available) your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration, to filter traffic, to look up user domains and to report on statistics as required.
Details of your visits to our website and the related tracking such as the pages and sections you view and resources you access or request for download, including but not limited to, traffic data, location data, blogs and other communication data. Please refer the Cookies section below for more information on the same.
The legal basis for this information collection processing is the performance of a contract between Cigniti and the client and/or taking steps to get into a contract for providing services to the clients.
We do not generally seek to collect or process sensitive personal data also known as special categories (revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade-union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation) through this site or otherwise. In the limited cases where we may seek to collect such data, we will do this in accordance with local data privacy law requirements.
We are also committed to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under. In case you belong to this category, kindly get your parent/guardian’s consent/written permission for sharing any personal information with Us.
Cigniti requires this information to better understand the needs that you may have in terms of the services we offer and provide you with the better experience and services. We may also use this information for:
- Internal records for correspondence.
- Providing you with information you request, process online requests (job applications, resources) and for other purposes.
- Improve our service offerings and personalize your experience.
- Periodically sending promotional emails about new service offerings, webinars, technology events or any other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- Contacting you for collection of feedback and for marketing purposes where you have agreed.
- Any postings, comments or other content that you may post on our website.
- We may transfer personal data to our contracted service providers and advisors who may be located in other countries. Adequate data protection is provided before any such data transfers are made.
- Disclosing your personal data to third parties in the event that we sell or liquidate any part of our business or assets.
- We may share your personal data (including special category of personal data) with third-parties for a specific purpose of prospecting/recruitment. Any Personal Data Processing conducted by an external agent or entity (third-party service provider) on behalf of the Company shall be evidenced by a valid written contract with the Company. Such contract shall specifically set out the subject matter and duration of the Processing, the nature and purpose of the Processing, the type of Personal Data and categories of Data Subjects, the obligations and rights of the Company.
- International transfers of personal data may happen to countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Cigniti has global presence in other geographies outside the headquarter in Hyderabad, India. Please refer the list of Our global office locations at – https://www.cigniti.com/offices-locations/. Transfers to any of our global offices will be protected by appropriate safeguards included in our Terms of Contract for data processing agreed between Cigniti and the other parties.
Cigniti is committed to ensuring that your personal information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Regarding your use of our websites it should be noted that the open nature of the Internet is such that information and personal data may flow over networks connecting you to our systems without security measures in some cases and may be accessed and used by people other than those for whom the data is intended. You acknowledge that, Cigniti can’t prevent the use (or misuse) of such personal data by others.
In case you follow a link to any of the sites which may be arising out of Cigniti’s website, please note that these sites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or sites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these sites.
Cigniti is also complaint with some of the leading internationally recognized compliance and security standards (technical security measures). The IT team shall continuously develop and evaluate the
Company’s security policy with respect to the Processing of Personal Data. We strive to protect your information from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have some key information security and physical security policies in place to safeguard the information. Some of the examples are – encryptions, physical and logical access control, user authentication, secure login using One Time Password (OTP), firewalls and latest antivirus, etc.
Data Breach Management – Cigniti shall ensure that all the employees who are involved in personal data processing (if any) shall regularly monitor the signs of a possible data breach and/or security incident. In the event of a breach, employees shall immediately report the same in email to the concerned authority. This information about the breach shall be accompanied with as much facts as possible and the reporting of breach does not go beyond 24 hours (from the discovery of the breach). The DPO shall ensure that the breach is further notified to regulatory authorities and other concerned parties as deemed applicable. This shall be done within 72 hours from the time the breach was identified.
We will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary. Personal data that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes. If you have an association or an account with us, we will only keep the data while your account is active or for as long as needed to provide services to you and, as further needed for us to comply with our legal and contractual obligations. When the personal data that has been collected is no longer required, Cigniti shall destroy or delete it in a secure manner in accordance with Our information security policies and/or as per the official contract made with the other party.
A cookie is a packet of information sent by a server to a World Wide Web browser and then sent back by the browser each time it accesses that server (definition: Wikipedia). Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit any website and allow the website to recognize your device. Cookies are used for authentication, tracking, and maintaining user-specific information and often contain a unique and anonymous identifier. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change the settings in your browser to allow you to accept or decline cookies depending upon your preferences.
By using our website, you agree that we can place cookies and other similar technologies on your device (including mobile devices) as explained in this Cookies policy. By continuing to use your mobile device to access this website, you agree that the following information may be collected: your unique device identifier, mobile device IP address, information about your device’s operating system, mobile carrier details and your location related information (to the extent permissible under applicable law).
- Type of cookies used –
- Cigniti also uses “Session” cookies which are temporary and once you close the browser window, they are deleted from your device.
- Along with this Cigniti also uses “Persistent” cookies which remain on your device for a longer period and are used by the website to recognize your device when you return.
- Strictly Necessary cookies – These cookies are essential in order to enable you to navigate around the site and use its features. Without these, services you have asked for cannot be provided and may result into a meagre user experience.
- Functionality cookies – These cookies allow a site to remember choices you make (such as your user name or the region you are in) and provide more enhanced, personal features. These cookies cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. They don’t gather any information about you that could be used for advertising or remembering where you’ve been on the Internet outside our site.
- Performance cookies – These cookies collect information about your visit and use of this website, for instance which pages you visit the most often, and if you get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how this website works.
- Targeting cookies – These cookies are used to deliver content more relevant to you and your interests; and limit the number of times you see the same content; and also, to help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign, if any; and understand users’ behavior. They are usually placed on behalf of advertising networks with the site operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a site and quite often they will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization. Cigniti does not use third-party advertising on our site, so we do not use these Targeting cookies for advertising but we use them for gathering analytics and intelligence about the site.
Considering the level of details involved in Data Subject rights, not all the details are mentioned in this summary. You are requested to read the details about the relevant laws and guidance from the regulatory authorities for a detailed explanation of the Data Subject rights. You may refer https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/ for details.
The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals (Data Subject) –
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’)
- The right to restriction of processing (notification obligation regarding rectification or erasure of personal data)
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated individual decision-making, including profiling
- The right to withdraw consent.
As a user, you may choose to restrict the information that we have collected or the way in which the same would be used, in the following ways:
- Whenever you are providing personal information, ensure that the explicit consent is checked. In case you do not want to provide the consent, personal information shall not be collected in the first place.
- In case you would not want to share your personal for any marketing related purposes or promotional emails, you should leave the appropriate option unchecked and/or write an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We do not use automated decision making (including profiling) when processing your data.
- In case you have previously subscribed or agreed to us for sharing your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may opt out the same anytime by writing an email to email@example.com.
Cigniti shall not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your explicit consent to do so or are required by law to do so.
To the extent that explicit consent is the legal basis for Our processing of Your personal information, You have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal. In case you would like to withdraw, erase, update/modify the personal information that we hold about you, please inform us by writing an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we shall take the necessary actions.
This policy was last updated on 20-Sep-2019.