If the Regression Testing outcome does not play out as originally
planned it can be disruptive to the production environment.
REGRESSION TESTING SERVICES
Regression testing … seeks to uncover new software bugs … in existing … system(s) after changes such as enhancements, patches or configuration changes, have been made to them. – Wikipedia
If the Regression Testing outcome does not play out as originally planned it can be disruptive to the production environment. Users demand rapid changes to applications as their needs are more dynamic than ever. Development teams have to deliver on these changes minus any disruptions to the existing production environments. Cigniti’s systematic approach to Regression Testing ensures minimum disruption while keeping costs under control. Our Regression Testing suite guarantees that the new features or enhancements to the application do not cause any unintended impact to the existing quality of the applications. Our test teams thoroughly understand and perform impact analysis of the changes that are made to the test environment and the application(s). Changes to the test environment can happen in the form of alterations in the deployment configurations, database updates and operating system updates to name a few. Changes to the application can happen in the form of bug fixes, new functionality, functionality enhancements, integrations, patches, interfaces etc. Our regression testing solutions ensure outcomes of these enhancements play out only as originally planned.
OUR REGRESSION TESTING APPROACH
Cigniti uses a systematic and well defined regression test approach to perform effective regression testing. Our approach includes:
- Detailed traceability matrix: Outlines of the requirements vs. test cases
- Dependency analysis: Performed between test cases and requirements
- Change reports: Issues between the current release and previous release
- Release specific regression test pack
- Risk based analysis: Pareto analysis, FMEA, Output from code coverage report etc.
- Continuous pruning: Regression tests packs are continuously pruned by removing the test cases that are no longer needed & add additional ones.
- Above the fold benefits of Regression Testing for OEMsThe smartphone market is growing and the demand for better devices and applications is only increasing. The pressure is on building better and stronger devices that can deal with customer expectations and digital pressures as well. Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) are the ones who develop various software upgrades and additional accessories. Hence, there is a […] The post Above the fold benefits of Regression Testing for OEMs appeared first on Software Testing Blog by Cigniti Technologies. Read more »
- Automated Regression Tests: The Growing Significance & 5 Strong ToolsThe year 2018 will see more devices being launched, which will increase the need for software quality assurance and testing. Automated Regression Testing tools are developed in a way to handle these growing needs for aggressive testing. Specifically, for testing and developing software applications for various purposes. These applications will eventually get more complex and […] The post Automated Regression Tests: The Growing Significance & 5 Strong Tools appeared first on Software Testing Blog by Cigniti Technologies. Read more »
- Alert: The Need of Regression Testing in the Agile WorldWith gadgets and applications being launched and upgraded in real-time, organizations today are very alert regarding the business-critical need for ensuring performance and functionalities on a consistent basis. Regression testing is a software testing process that validates whether the software developed and tested earlier performs the way it should after being interfaced with another software. […] The post Alert: The Need of Regression Testing in the Agile World appeared first on Software Testing Blog by Cigniti Technologies. Read more »