Why Automated Regression Testing Services?
Users demand rapid changes to applications as their needs are more dynamic than ever. Modifications in the database & operating system updates, deployment configurations, bug fixes, functionality enhancements, integrations, patches, interfaces, etc. require Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD). This requires Continuous Testing (CT) practices to be in place.
Regression testing is a CT practice that mandates re-running of functional & non-functional tests. This ensures that the software continues to perform in the same manner as it did before making any changes. For the regression test to function effectively, it is important for enterprises to implement robust test automation services in place.
Cigniti’s systematic approach to Regression Testing ensures minimum disruption while keeping costs under control. Our Regression Testing suite guarantees that the new features or enhancements to the application do not cause any unintended impact to the existing quality of the applications. Our regression testing solutions ensure outcomes of these enhancements are as per the original plan. Our test teams thoroughly understand and perform impact analysis of the changes that are made to the test environment and the applications.
Scriptless automated regression testing helped a leading robot manufacturer reduce manual test efforts
The sprawling robotics industry needs to deliver best user experience in order to maintain its growth. A leading award-winning robot manufacturer wanted to automate its regression testing requirements to yield high customer satisfaction.
Learn how Cigniti helped them derive 100% customer satisfaction while reducing their manual regression testing efforts by 90%.
Our Key Clients
Our Regression Testing Approach
Cigniti uses a systematic and well-defined, scriptless regression test approach to perform effective regression testing. Our approach includes:
- Comprehensive strategy: A mixture of API testing, manual testing, automated testing, UI testing, & unit testing
- Detailed traceability matrix: Outlines of the requirements vs. test cases
- Dependency analysis: Performed between test cases and requirements
- Change reports: Issues between the current release and previous release
- Release-specific regression test pack
- Risk-based analysis: Pareto analysis, FMEA, Output from code coverage report, etc.
- Continuous pruning: Regression tests packs are continuously pruned by removing the test cases that are no longer needed & inserting additional ones.
Regression Testing Methodology
Cigniti’s regression testing methodology leverages the best test experts & practices to provide a complete & comprehensive coverage of functional specifications. The test experts have extensive experience in conducting testing in multiple application lifecycle models like waterfall, agile, DevOps, etc. All test services are customized to fit the client’s lifecycle model and environment to offer a seamless integration with the teams for new and legacy applications.
Cigniti’s regression testing methodology:
- Analyses impact & evaluates test readiness
- Defines test data for positive/negative testing
- Authors functional test cases & identifies test data
- Executes regression suite & reports execution status
- Defines, plans, & estimates formal quality gate
- Reviews requirements in detail & prioritizes functionalities
- Documents and reports defects
- Maintains and manages the defect lifecycle
- Publishes go/no-go dashboard for the release
- Assists business teams in conducting business acceptance testing
- Provides support services to assist teams with defect reproduction
- Develops traceability matrix between the requirements vs. test cases
Consult our experienced team of Regression Testing experts for your test automation and digital transformation requirements.