10 Emerging Trends in Software Testing
Software testing industry is experiencing transformation to align with the rapidly changing technologies (SMAC & IOT), development methodologies (Agile, DevOps) & tools (Significantly open source coupled with low cost commercial tools). This session will showcase insights and trends observed in the software testing space based on individual experiences, leading analyst reports, empirical findings and observations from independent testing services provider perspective. Emphasis will be on top 10 testing trends that every testing organization and testing practitioner should watch out and align to stay ahead.
In this session, Kalyan will focus on:
- Emergence of SDET role & why it will become “a new normal” by 2020
- Market share and ever growing interest in Open source test tools and why they will rule the future?
- Is TCoE approach still relevant in the context of raise in Agile/DevOps?
- Why new test approaches are required to deliver “Quality at high speed”?
- Digital is disrupting every industry. What it means for Testing?
- Important considerations in Big Data testing
- In the Era of connected devices (IOT), what it means to testing?
- Why do we need to move to “Quality Engineering” from “Quality Assurance” in DevOps ?
- Business case for “Autonomous Test automation architectures”
- Qualities of a modern day tester
Kalyana Rao Konda
Kalyana Rao Konda is the President & Global Head of Gallop Solutions Inc., a Philadelphia based software testing services company which helps businesses maximize returns on investments in their software quality initiatives. With nearly two decades of experience in IT Services, particularly testing, Kalyan led large QA teams of 2000+ people at AppLabs as VP- Global Delivery and had been in QA leadership roles with Virtusa & BaaN earlier. He has a rare mix of high technical understanding with a pragmatic approach to testing services delivery.
He has a patent pending with USPTO for ‘iGenerate test Scenario’ and ‘Web Services Validator’ filed last year. He was a speaker at many international testing conferences and the recent ones include DevOps East, Star East etc.. Kalyan also received the prestigious 40 Under 40 Award 2016 from Philadelphia Business Journal this month and has been awarded with Philadelphia Cornerstone CEO awards as well.