5 Drivers of Differentiation which you must testCigniti Technologies
Listen on the go!
Risk-free businesses don’t exist – not even in the wildest of fantasies. If you have a business to run, it will have risks involved, and to survive – and thrive – you will need to face and overcome these risks. Next generation product and services industry will heavily focus around Social, Mobile, Analytics, Cloud and more importantly, Internet of Things and Virtual Reality.
Let us try to understand a a couple of these which are already contributing to an organization’s growth, sustenance and differentiation. Subjecting these to intense, planned testing is what is needed to ensure the sustained differentiation.
- Mobile Apps: There’s hardly any industry left today that is untouched by the presence or use of mobiles. It is only obvious the kind of risks this involves – all features of all products must function seamlessly across all types of all mobile devices on all platforms at all times. One can only imagine the kind of risks involved in keeping all these activities running smoothly.
- Digital Transformation: The need to go digital and have a global digital imprint is making organizations resort to a lot of online activities that leave a big scope for hackers to make hay. More so, in the hands of the wrong people, digital security-related records of governments can pose a big security threat.
- Big Data & Analytics: A lot of companies are making a foray into the world of big data and analytics today. This is helping to generate a lot of statistical data that can be utilized for creating a better standard of life. Just imagine what may happen if the data collected – or analyzed – is incorrect, and the same data is implemented. Big risk, right?
- Automation: Automate everything seems to be today’s buzzword. Newer and better versions of automation tools and automated products are hitting the market every day. As long as the tools and products behave in the manner expected, it’s great. But what if the automation tool goes wrong and actually breaks a product? Effort will be lost, time will be lost, and go-to-market and ROI delayed.
- Internet of Things: With the increasing adoption of IoT there will be a tremendous opportunity for IoT testing (devices and software) in 2015 and years to come. Technology analysts Gartner suggest that IoT is currently at the ‘peak of inflated expectations’. IoT has also been identified as one of the emerging technologies in IT as noted in Gartner’s IT Hype Cycle.
So how do we create a risk mitigation plan for dealing with the challenges that come packaged when running either of the businesses listed above? Having a specialized team of experienced testing professionals with experience in each of these testing domains will ensure you leverage industry best practices in Quality Assurance.
In essence, if organizations use either in-house talent, or approach specialized independent testing service providers for performing thorough testing of apps, tools, or devices, they can take care of most of the risks.
Get in touch with us at Cigniti to get further guidance on getting your products tested for a better ROI.
Cigniti is a Global Leader in Independent Quality Engineering & Software Testing Services with offices in US, UK, India, Australia, and Canada.