The era of Hyperautomation – making smarter automation choicesCigniti Technologies
Listen on the go!
The top technology trends put forth by Gartner has hyperautomation listed for the last two consecutive years. This by itself is a testimony to the fact that we live in the era of hyperautomation.
The hyperautomation market is forecast to reach $200m by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 14% in the period 2019-2025.
The Robotic Process Automation (RPA) when amalgamated with Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), and intelligence business process management tools gives a whole new dimension to automation.
According to Gartner, “RPA enriched by AI and ML becomes the core enabling technology of hyperautomation. Combining RPA and AI technologies offers the power and flexibility to automate where automation was never possible before: undocumented processes that rely on unstructured data inputs”.
Hyperautomation is an advanced form of automation, serving the purpose of completing tasks and processes faster, more efficiently and with less error. It enables enterprises to combine business intelligence systems, complex business requirements, and augmentation of human knowledge and experience, whereas simple automation is used to get simple, and repetitive tasks done that don’t need a lot of intelligence.
According to Brian Burke, research vice president at Gartner, “We’ve seen tremendous demand for automating repetitive manual processes and tasks; so robotic process automation was the star technology that companies were focused on to do that. That has been happening for a couple of years, but what we’re seeing now is that it’s moved from task based automation, to process based automation, so automating a number of tasks in a process, to functional automation across multiple processes and even moving towards automation at the business ecosystem level. So really, the breadth of automation has expanded as we go forward with hyperautomation“.
Hyperautomation came into play when a traditional RPA found it difficult to automate the process for unstructured data. Switching to hyperautomation become a smarter automation choice to many CXO’s for the limitations posed by RPA. Hyperautomation shifts the focus to more complex work, process simplification, culture in enabling automation, and decision making.
Technologies enabling hyperautomation
The technologies enabling hyperautomation include Intelligent Business Process Management Suites (iBPMS), Process Mining, API’s, Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Optical Character Recognition (OCR), and Digital Twin of an Organization (DTO).
Hyperautomation applications vary depending on the combination of technologies. Just like the Internet of Things (IoT), the components that constitute hyperautomation are related to each other. With an evolving set of AI technologies, they rapidly identify and automate all possible business processes.
As Gartner Research Director Manjunath Bhat states, “Robots aren’t here to take away our jobs, they’re here to give us a promotion.”
Hyperautomation unlocks more automation opportunities by enabling robots and people to automate together, from basic processes to more complex, long running, end to end processes. It should not only be a potential opportunity, but also an inevitable change to the business.
According to Gartner, “Hyperautomation is an unavoidable market state in which organizations must rapidly identify and automate all possible business processes.”
To implement hyperautomation, it requires the right toolbox and a strategic approach to deliver value.
Key stages that lead up to hyperautomation
Some of the key stages that lead up to hyperautomation are as follows –
- Tasks Automation: Without any manual intervention, use different ways to run the tasks that are identified for hyperautomation.
- Architecture Development: It is vital to build an architecture that is robust and scalable. The framework should be adaptive to exchange information with other intelligent business process management systems. It should adhere to the basic principles of how hyperautomation works.
- Process Automation: All the processes that are ideal for automation should be identified and automated.
- Smart Tools: To collaborate with other people working on it and monitor the processes, a hyperautomation loop should contain tools such as virtual assistants and chatbots.
- AI and ML: The data gathered from the above events are analyzed with the help of AI/ML. This will help robots to further execute the business process and can define how it should be done. Until the above steps, data from business processes and automation were running on different threads. With AI and ML, further steps of enhancements are identified and implemented if applicable.
Benefits of Hyperautomation
The benefits of hyper-automation will allow your workforce to be educated with the latest marketplace information and business so that they can perform their roles optimally. Rather than being bogged down by low-level, repetitive tasks, your workforce will remain engaged with their jobs as they seek to resolve problems and provide creative solutions.
Hyper-automation provides your business and its leaders with:
- Identifying and automating all the business processes and possible tasks by combining RPA with AI and BPMS (Business Process Management Suites).
- Using technologies and tools to manage complete automation cycles, ranging from measuring the ROI (Return on Investment) on a large scale and process delivery.
- Using hyperautomation technologies to effectively orchestrate work between bots and humans.
- Achieving a more significant impact by automating and contributing to the process of automation.
At Cigniti, we take pride in fortifying our clients’ organizations to tackle the continuously evolving market landscape. With next-gen technologies and experienced industry professionals in our team, we ensure that your organization always stays ahead of the curve.
Cigniti’s Digital assurance & testing solutions address the multi-faceted needs of digital transformation, while keeping agility and customer centricity at the core of our services. We conduct comprehensive testing across your digital value chain encompassing digital marketing, web portals, web content, digital assets, web analytics, as well as the entire digital ecosystem including cloud, mobility, big data, and connected devices.
Connect with our experts for your digital assurance need by scheduling a discussion today!
Cigniti is a Global Leader in Independent Quality Engineering & Software Testing Services with offices in US, UK, India, Australia, and Canada.