5 Ways Data Lake Can Benefit Your OrganizationCigniti Technologies
Listen on the go!
Today organizations are looking for better solutions to guarantee that their data and information are kept safe and structured. Using a data lake contributes to the creation of a centralized infrastructure for location management and enables any firm to manage, store, analyze, and efficiently categorize its data.
Organizations find it extremely difficult to deal with data because the information is kept in silos and in multiple formats. Concepts like data lake have emerged in response to the increased demand for agile data analytics from massive data volumes.
A data lake is a platform that supports tools for interpreting data, from basic exploration to sophisticated analytics. A standard governs a data lake; this is done to monitor the history, enforce security, and enable centralized audits.
Organizations need a data lake as it enables them to combine various data silos and also provides a representation of an organizational data asset. In other words, without a database, it would be challenging to establish the basis for data science.
What is Data Lake?
A data lake is a centralized repository where organized, unstructured, and semi-structured data is stored. These lakes enable data to rest in its most natural state without the need for initial transformation and analysis.
The many data types produced by humans and robots may be deposited into a data lake for further analysis and categorization.
5 Ways Organizations can Benefit from Data Lake
1. Ensure constant data accessibility: All employees, regardless of their position, have access to data thanks to a data lake. It allows for the democratization of data, which means that all employees, regardless of their positions or levels, will have access to data.
All workers have access to all, but they also have the choice to limit their use to only those that are absolutely necessary to satisfy their department’s or company’s demands.
2. Scalability at a low cost: One of a data lake’s main advantages over a managed enterprise warehouse is the ability to store a lot of data for a fair amount of money. The cost of storage is typically taken into account by different organizations when searching for solutions, and data lake offers good economical values.
It is crucial to note that even though data lakes are less expensive than data warehouses, processing and analysis still require some level of formal structure.
3. Possibility to lawfully store company data: Because data lakes are easy to use and provide a wide range of data types, organizations have the option to properly store their data. This suggests that a business can store data that has little value right now in anticipation of its potential usefulness in the future.
Additionally, data lakes allow data to be supplied in native format, which enables it to be added and stored over time, increasing its usefulness for analysis in the future.
4. Allows for future technological changes: Due to the huge developments in data technology over the past several years, the data lake is crucial for any organization. It gives businesses the option to keep their data in its original format before converting it into a more organized database for later usage.
This lowers the expense of migrating data to older systems and makes it simpler to draw through relevant data to any required system in the future.
5. Adding versatility: Data lake, in contrast to the conventional data warehouse, provides scalability at a very low cost. Data lake uses the Hadoop scalability tool, which makes use of Hadoop Distributed File System storage to manage an increasing volume of data and support data expansion.
It may be used to store both structured and unstructured data from a variety of sources since it is adaptable. Multiple media, chat, social data, binary, and any other type of data may all be stored on it.
Organizational data strategies are increasingly focusing on data lakes. Today’s data realities — larger and more varied data quantities, higher user demands, and the quickening globalization of economies — are best addressed by data lakes.
To build its data lake in the cloud and analyze all of its data, including data from IoT devices, Cigniti offers the most secure, scalable, comprehensive, and affordable portfolio of services.
To know more about our enterprise data lake capabilities, visit Cigniti Digital Engineering.