Mobile Performance Testing ChecklistRahul Goel
Listen on the go!
Smartphones & tablets are the reality and a large mass of people are moving to use it for business applications, entertainment, social networking, healthcare applications etc. It’s mandatory for businesses to assess performance of mobile apps before releasing it to public. Responsiveness of mobile apps is one of the big factor for organization to capture the market.
Below are list of things to consider specific to mobile performance testing.
Have you considered-
- Application performance against different mobile phones in the market?
- CPU utilization
- Memory utilization
- Cache size availability
- Rendering (2D / 3D)
- Application performance against different mobile phones & browsers in the market?
- JS Engine processing
- Number of threads executing the requests
- Memory leakage by the application?
- Battery consumption by the application?
- Internet data usage by the application?
- Offline data usage by the application?
- Different sizes of images for different mobile phones?
- Analyzing waterfall chart for the mobile traffic?
- Compressed data
- Caching (HTML5 Web Storage)
- Less number of round trips
- Image size
- Consolidating resources?
- Analyzing impact on server resources (cpu, memory, i/o) due to slow data transfer rate from server to mobile devices?
- Simulating scenarios, when user moving from Wi-fi to 3G, 4G etc?
- Simulating scenarios where connections are getting dropped?
- Simulating slow sessions and always connected?
- Simulating large number of active sessions for a longer time?
- Simulating unidirectional server updates?
- Simulating large data transfer between server and client?
- Static resources being served from CDNs or proxies?
- Simulating traffic from different regions / cities?
- Simulating different network characteristics?
- Packet Loss
- Bandwidth (2G, 3G, Wifi, etc.)
- Simulating web based application’s scenarios?
- Simulating native application’s scenarios?
- Simulating hybrid application’s scenarios?
- Simulating secure web based application?
- Simulating secure native application?