5 Mobile Testing Tools That Will Help You Improve ROICigniti Technologies
Listen on the go!
The convergence of the internet and mobile technologies and their increasing usage have paved the way for the enterprises to do their business via mobile applications ever more. Mobile apps have become the key enablers of business for enterprises across industries.
Gartner predicts that the mobile phone sales will reach 2.1 billion units by 2019, which will fuel demand for apps in the enterprise that meet the high performance and usability of consumer apps. The number of downloads and the customer rating have been considered as the vital indicators for measuring the success of an app. Overall quality, performance and usability and the flawlessness differentiate the successful app from the unsuccessful.
In today’s digital business world, improving customer experience is an essential factor to success, driving enterprises to invest in mobile application development and testing. Therefore, Mobile application testing has become crucial to ensure a flawless, smooth customer experience.
“Time-to-market demands are a constant pressure; adoption of iterative testing as a part of Agile development practice is necessary to meet this need. Dynamic mobile environments, along with a wide variety of devices, define the mobile quality challenge.” – Forrester
Here is an overview of 5 Mobile Testing tools that offer quicker time to market and improved ROI
- Experitest is the leading provider of Quality Assurance tools for mobile DevOps, including test automation, manual testing, performance testing, load testing and monitoring for mobile applications. Its broad range of tools – SeeTestCloud, SeeTestAutomation, SeeTestManual, Mobile Add-ons for UFT & Load Runner, SeeTestNetworkVirtualization would fit the testing needs of any enterprise end-to-end. Experitest’s tools, HP certified applications, covers functional testing, performance testing and cloud testing ensuring security, maintainability, and portability of tests. Experitest’s SeeTest tools enable integration into the HP eco-system and other ALM environments and support all mobile OSs say iOS, Android, WindowsPhone, and Blackberry. Its powerful cloud-based solution, coupled with its support for any device and every aspect of testing, will enable you to extend your ALM environments cost-effectively to mobile testing.
- TestPlant has gained popularity for its eggPlant tools in the context of increasing adoption of agile and DevOps practices in software development. eggPlant tools offer wide-ranging support right from design, development, to test and management of software applications. TestPlant’s eggplant range of test automation tools caters to the every mobile testing need, either functional or non-functional i.e. performance, load, and stress. eggPlant Functional conducts mobile testing on any device and OSs including iOS, Android, Windows Phone, BlackBerry. eggPlant Functional’s unique image-based UI testing approach focuses on the user experience of mobile applications across devices and platforms and reduces the testing efforts significantly. It’s ‘script once, test it on any device’ offering help reduce testing costs and market the applications faster.
- SmartBear is the leader in software quality tools for the connected world. The need for releasing faster and frequent and shorter release cycles is demanding a testing approach that helps create automated tests for multiple devices, platforms, and environments easily and quickly. And, SmartBear is the best-fit there and offers a broad range of testing tools for test automation, test management, performance testing for web / mobile apps and websites. Especially, TestComplete Mobile offers automated mobile application testing. TestComplete Mobile offers ‘create your test once and run it on any / multiple devices’ in real-time. SmartBear has recently acquired CrossBrowserTesting, one of the fastest growing automated cloud testing platforms.
- Xamarin offers Test Cloud Platform – a cloud-based service that enables automated testing of mobile applications across hundreds of mobile devices simultaneously. It automates and tests every scenario that a user can do across OSs and form factors. The Test Cloud makes continuous testing possible, testing each and every change that comes up. Xamarin created a framework called Calabash that automates and tests any iOS or Android or Windows app, native or hybrid. Tests can be run on hundreds of devices at a time representing a different combination of screen resolutions and platform versions. It reduces the testing time and costs enabling to deliver better apps at accelerated time-to-market. Xamarin also provides impeccable reports which help you make informed decisions.
- ZAPTEST is recognized for its innovative test automation products and solutions for MOBILE, Windows, Mac, Linux and Agile/CI environments. ZAPTEST is known for its ‘script once, play anywhere’ offering. It reduces development and maintenance efforts and costs of test automation framework by executing singular scripts for testing applications on any OS / platform – be it iOS, Android, Windows Mobile or Blackberry. ZAPTEST supports the agile and DevOps environments, enabling continuous integration and continuous delivery.
For successful mobile testing, enterprises need a reliable testing partner with deep domain expertise and right skills set. Cigniti’s Mobile Testing Center of Excellence is built on a strong foundation of People, Processes, Tools, Devices and Frameworks. We have partnerships with a number of best of breed testing tool vendors that help us to offer quicker time to market and ROI to our clients. Contact us to know more about our mobile testing services.
Cigniti is a Global Leader in Independent Quality Engineering & Software Testing Services with offices in US, UK, India, Australia, and Canada.